The "Engineering & Services" division brings together the entities that provide services and technical and engineering solutions, both to the subsidiaries of Groupe Pigeon and to third- party clients. The Engineering & Services division consists of the following four entities: CBTP Laboratory, Ouest Formation CBTP, Pigeon Eau & Solutions (PES) and ABSI. Each of these entities provides Groupe Pigeon with expertise in numerous activities, both for internal entities and for external partners and clients:
- CBTP Laboratory: Engineering, R&D, certifications in many fields of activity (concrete, quarries and aggregates, pavements, chemistry, environment and safety, foundations, geotechnics, networks, topography and georeferencing).
- Ouest Formation CBTP: Training for quarrying and public works: CACES, safety, electricity, transport, public works, eco driving.
- Pigeon Eau & Solutions: Water, water supply and sewerage, drainage, diagnosis, construction, services, operation, network works
- ABSI: Information systems, data management, web technologies, infrastructures and equipment.
CBTP Laboratory: engineering excellence to secure and optimize your projects in their entirety
A subsidiary of Groupe Pigeon since 1994, Laboratoire Carrières, Béton, Travaux Publics (CBTP Laboratory) is currently one of the largest in France belonging to an independent industrial group in the field of land development.
CBTP Laboratory brings under one roof technicians and engineers who use their know-how and expertise on a daily basis to serve the various players in the construction world.
With recognized skills in analysis and measurement techniques as well as in engineering, the employees of CBTP Laboratory are particularly active in the fields of construction materials, road technology, environment, and safety.
Extended skills and synergies are the keywords of the organisation set up within CBTP Laboratory. Thanks to its 100 employees and its network of 8 agencies (Rennes, Le Mans, Quimperlé, Ancenis, Ploufragan, Caen, Rouen, Ablis), CBTP Laboratory is a major player in the West of France, but also operates throughout France.
The services offered (analyses, measurements, engineering) are aimed at materials producers, public works companies, but also at experts, design offices, project managers and contracting authorities and cover 9 fields of activity: aggregates and geology, concrete, foundations, chemistry, geotechnics, pavements, networks, topography, environment and safety. CBTP Laboratory has recently created its own Research & Development sector.
Expertise and multidisciplinarity are the assets that allow CBTP Laboratory to offer global solutions to its clients' problems.
CBTP Laboratory structures its development around a strong quality assurance approach, guaranteeing its skills and impartiality. Since 1998, CBTP Laboratory has held the LABOROUTE approval (n° 98-49), issued by the IDRRIM (Institute of Roads, Streets and Infrastructure for Mobility), allowing it to assert its status as a road laboratory.
This organization is completed by 2 COFRAC (French accreditation authority) accreditations and a certification for specific activities:
- COFRAC Inspection for the control and reception of sewerage networks (N°3-1053)
- COFRAC Tests for tests relating to the control of occupational exposure to chemical agents in workplace air, such as siliceous mineral dusts (N°1-5879)
- VERITAS certification Georeferencing and network detection.
Pigeon Eau & Solutions: The partner of industrial and technical solutions for the water cycle
Water is a strategic resource that Groupe Pigeon considers essential to preserve and optimize at the level of upstream networks using four main levers:
- 1. Reduction of losses and leaks, which currently represent 20% on average at the national level, with strong regional disparities.
- 2. Improved management of the network, pipes, and infrastructure.
- 3. The development of nature-based solutions to ensure quality water supply.
- 4. Deployment of non-conventional water reuse (urban wastewater, rainwater, etc.).
Pigeon Eau & Solutions aims to respond to these collective challenges and to support its customers and industrial partners in the implementation of sustainable and efficient solutions, by bringing together the multiple internal skills of Groupe Pigeon within a dedicated structure.
Pigeon Eau & Solutions offers the following services:
- Management of networks, infrastructures, and pipelines.
- Reuse of non-conventional water.
- Propose nature-based solutions to ensure quality distribution.
- Develop an integrated internal offer for water and sanitation (I&T, G&E, LCBTP)
- Innovative solutions for the hygienization of liquid sludge (quicklime base)
- Optimize the large and small water cycles.